Kajaani is a small town but you can find different options for free-time activities if you just go ahead and look for them. On campus, KAMK offers free access to gym. As of autumn 2014, KAMK Sports will arrange different sports activities for all the students on campus.
If you love movies, you can enjoy our comfortable cinema Bio Rex in the city centre. 3D -movies available and best of all - the movies will be shown on their original language with only subtitles in Finnish. The tickets can be expensive though!
A brand new swimming hall was opened in 2013. There are several different kinds of pools swimmers but also a good gym. The swimming hall is also located conveniently near the city centre.
For sports lovers, you can find most the hobbies you can think of. The tutoring students can help you find the one you prefer, as most sports organisations' web pages tend to be in Finnish.
Recreational opportunities in Kajaani
- Kajaanihalli / Kajaani Sports Hall (ball games, gymnastics, gym)
- Kajaanin liikuntapuisto / Kajaani Exercise Park (swimming pool, football pitch, baseball field)
- Vimpelin laakso / Vimpeli Valley (Ice Rink, Tennis Hall, Ball Games Hall, Athletics Field, frisbee gol)
- Kajaanin keilakeskus / Kajaani Bowling Centre
- Kajaani Golf
- Skeittihalli / Skateboarding Hall
Free-time and Leisure
- Excellent student events
- Exciting nightlife in the town’s many bars, clubs and restaurants
- Biorex Cinema
- Kajaani Municipal Theatre
Other recreational opportunities
Check more at Visit Kajaani
- Fishing, hiking, riding, camping